I hope everybody had a wonderful Christmas full of family, fun, friends and good food. My family and I had a nice time with a ton of family over at my in-laws. Here in Brazil, Christmas is celebrated on the 24th. We didn’t get home until after 2:00 am, however Caue (my oldest) was up at 8:00 am ready to open presents (of course).
I was totally honored by the lovely Sylvia from http://superfoodista.com for the Dragon Loyalty Award.
The rules for the Dragon’s Loyalty Award are:
- Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Acknowledge that blogger on your blog and a link back.
- You must share 7 things other bloggers may not know about you.
- Nominate up to 15 bloggers for the Dragon’s Loyalty Award, provide a link to their blogs in your post and notify them on their blogs.
- Copy and paste the award somewhere on your blog.
Being that I am a relatively new blogger and it’s kind of been a learn-as-I-go experience, I haven’t really established much a following yet with people commenting regularly. Because of that, I will end up only nominating one blogger who always responds to my comments and that I’ve found to be a really delightful person and awesome writer – the sweet Diana from http://holisticwayfarer.com/
Now for the things that other bloggers may not know about me:
- I have a 6 year old son with Asperger’s syndrome and is totally in love with dinosaurs right now.
- I rode an elephant when I was living in India.
- I have eaten dog (in China) and camel (in Afghanistan).
- I had the awesome opportunity to help paint some walls at a prison for Afghan women and met a beautiful young girl that was there because she had run away from her to-be wedding (If I remember correctly – I believe that’s why she was there) (sad). Ended up going to her home and visiting with her after her father got her out of the prison.
- I used to do quite a bit of musical theatre, including the role of ‘Anne’ in the musical production of “Anne of Green Gables” when I was a teenager.
- When I was in China I visited a small country town of a minority people group (I believe they were from the ‘Yao’ people group) and I was the first caucasian foriegner they had ever seen/met. My friends (Korean girl and American-Chinease guy) and I ate dinner with a family there.
- I have a thyroid condition called, “hypothyroidism”
Check out some pics related to what I’ve shared.
My hubby, son and me on an elephant in Jaipur, India
My beautiful hubby and me in Afghanistan (I wanted to post a pic with the girl I spoke of above, but didn’t for safety purposes and her protection).
Blessings and health to you all.